Please join us as we will discuss the developmental effect of fatherless children. Participants will:
- Gain knowledge of the effect on the childhood development when reared in homes that do not feature the biological father or when there is no emotional connection between the father and the child.
- Learn the ineffectiveness of social systems including family, school, justice and mentoring.
- Review statistical data about the positive impact of father involvement.
- Learn about modeling in the absence of a blueprint.
- Learn about relationship building.
- Learn about the syndrome, PAD
8:30-9:00 am - Registration
9:00-10:00 am - Introduction of Fatherlessness
10:00-10:15 am - Break
10:15 am - 12:00 pm - Review of Empirical Research Studies
12:00-1:00 pm - Lunch (not provided)
1:00-2:00 pm - Impact of Fatherlessness on the Development of Children
2:00-2:15 pm - Break
2:15-3:30 pm - Introduction of Therapeutic Approach
The course is $50.00 per person or free for Tanner Employees. MUST provide employee number at registration. You may pay the $50.00 fee today via credit card or they will accept cash or check at the door.
CE Credit will be issued to counselors, social workers, marriage and family therapists in the amount of 5 hours. For more information on CE's please call, Meagan Thompson at 770-456-3342.