First-time moms and their partners always have a long list of questions, concerns and fears during and immediately after pregnancy. You may already be wondering: How will I know when I'm in labor? Will childbirth be painful? Will my baby know how to breastfeed? Will I have enough milk? How do I care for a newborn? What happens to my body after childbirth?
To ease your transition to parenthood, Tanner?s maternity experts have created two information-packed, four-hour workshops designed to put your mind at ease and prepare you to give birth and take care of an infant: Pregnancy Boot Camp and Baby Care Boot Camp.
The topics that will be covered in Pregnancy Boot Camp are: understanding labor, including the four P's, pre-labor, onset of labor and the stages of labor; understanding comfort techniques, including labor support, labor positions and back/long labor; understanding medical procedures, including induction, fetal monitoring, pain relief and second stage interventions; understanding Cesarean birth and recovery; and understanding postpartum.
- Lunch will be provided for patients but not nursing students.
- Nursing students will need to email Natalie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on attending classes.
- Mother may have only one guest due to class size limitations, no exceptions. Her Partner/Support Person will need to be registered when she is registered online.
1. To register for an event, please click on "Register" that is listed below under the "Seats Remaining Register" column.
2. Fill in your Name, Address, DOB, Phone Number, Email address, click "Save Enrollee" and scroll to the bottom of the screen.
3. Select "View Cart".
4. Select "Register".
5. If you have any issues with the online registration process, you can contact us at 770.214.2273 for more information or to register by phone.